Home made Kashayam (decoction) for common cold and cough

I remember, during my childhood days where my mom and Grandma used to give me the Kashayam, whenever I suffered from cold or cough. Trust me, it tasted so very well and was better than those cough syrups, which I used to hate taking them.

The Kashayam helped me in easing the symptoms of cold and cough and provided quick relief from runny nose and cough.
The Kashayam can be prepared in a short time. 

Ingredients : -

1. Dhaniya(Coriander) - 1 cup.
2. Jeera(Cumin) - 1/2 cup.
3. Dry ginger powder - 1/2 cup.
4. Pepper 10-12 seeds. Alternatively 4-5 nos pippali can be used.
5. Lemon juice
6. Honey
How to prepare Kashayam.

Step 1: Roast dhaniya(coriander) seeds and jeera(cumin) seeds separately till it turns slightly brown.

Step 2: Dry roast black pepper seeds for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, Pippali can also be used in lieu of black pepper.

Step 3 : Grind the above ingredients coarsely.

Step 4 : Obtain dried ginger and grind it coarsely.

Step 5 : Mix all the items.

Step 6 :  Take 1-2 tsp Kashayam powder and pour it in a vessel containing water, say approx 200 ml(one glass).

Step 7 : Boil it for 4-5 minutes. Then filter the decoction.

Step 8 : Add 1-2 Tsp lemon juice & honey to it.

Drinking the above will provide relief and will help in getting rid of cough and cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Om Dhanvantari Namaha. Please write your comments here.